Are you thinking about investing money in long-term? Are you looking for a way where you can sit back and watch your money grow every day and night? There’s an effective and safe way to accomplish both and it’s called Peer to Peer Lending.
Gone are the days when your bank was the only option whenever you needed a loan or investment options. A wide variety of options are now available for everyone in form of P2P investing.This investment opportunity is gaining popularity because of its impressive returns and straight forward investment process.
Comparison of P2P investing platforms available in Europe
If you are wondering, what ere the best P2P investment platforms, then this table of all European peer to peer platforms might be useful to you:
In this table, P2P platforms are sorted by Return Of Investment percentage. You can also click on the “review” link to read review for each P2P platform.
|NEO Finance review|
Let’s find out more about P2P investing and where you can get the best P2P opportunities.
What is peer to peer investing?
P2P investing involves lending money directly to a borrower or borrowers in need of a loan. The provided loan is treated as an investment and will be provided via a peer to peer lending platform.
The returns to be received by the investor on the loan/investment will be significantly influenced by the P2P lending platform being used. Some platforms offer returns as high as 36% while others offer as low as 10%.
Each investment/loan will generate income on a monthly basis in the form of interest that’s to be paid by the borrower. This income is passive, and is higher than what can be typically received from a savings account and is far more stable than returns from a stock market investment.
The fact that the entire investment process and collection of returns takes place online makes this a highly convenient way to generate income. Other benefits of P2P investing that make it so attractive are that an investor can pick which borrower they prefer to loan to.
Also, depending on the P2P platform, an investor can exit an investment before the debt is repaid without losing anything.
How P2P lending works?
Banks and their long list of requirements before providing a loan can be very off-putting. With P2P lending, such complications go out the window.
Prospective borrowers can access the funds they need through P2P lending which is also known as social lending or crowd lending. Through the process, a person can borrow funds directly from a willing investor without the need for a bank or even a good credit score.
Depending on the P2P platform a lender seeks a loan on, the interest rate on the loan can be far less than that of a bank. The borrower might be able to access the complete sum needed from a single investor or gather the complete amount from multiple investors.
Which are the best European P2P Lending Platforms?
If you are looking to invest in P2P lending, it is wise to make your investment through a platform you can trust. This ensures you can rest easy knowing not only are your returns are secure but that they will generate a satisfactory amount of income every month.
To help you make the right decision concerning the best P2P lending platform in Europe to make an investment, we’ve put together for you a comprehensive review and comparison of the best peer to peer lending platforms in Europe.
Let’s take a look.
A short VIAINVEST review
This Europe based P2P platform operates in Poland, Latvia, the Czech Republic and Sweden, but its headquarters are based in Riga, Latvia. It was started in 2016 and has so far more than 7000 investors use it.
Pros of VIAINVEST
- Investment loans are pre-funded and come with a 100% buyback guarantee;
- It has an impressive record when it comes to transparency and investment security;
- User-friendly platform;
- It has a €10 minimum deposit;
- An auto-invest function is available. This means investors don’t have to go looking for available loan seekers.
Cons of VIAINVEST:
- At 12%, the return on investment isn’t that exciting;
- No secondary market.
A short BulkEstate review
This highly-rated European P2P platform is popular for its high return on investments and easy to use platform. BulkEstate is suitable for crowdfunding and group buying, especially for those looking to invest in real estate.
Over 2000 investments have been made via BulkEstate and it is still open to new investors and borrowers. No fees are required to join or use the platform.
Pros of BulkEstate
- The platform is user-friendly and transacting is transparent;
- The return on investment for investors is attractive at between 14% and 17%;
- Availability of group-buying option;
- Helpful and reliable customer support;
- Zero loan default rate;
- Affordable minimum deposit of €50.
Cons of BulkEstate
- There is no access to secondary markets where users can liquidate their assets within a short time;
- No buyback guarantee to boost the confidence of investors.
A short Crowdestor review
Crowdestor is another highly rated European P2P platform. Its headquarters are situated in Riga, Latvia, but the company also has offices in Tallinn, Estonia.
The Peer to Peer platform is relatively new but has already handled transactions for thousands of investors and borrowers.
Pros of Crowdestor
- Impressive returns on investments, which is typically 13% but can go as high as 36%;
- The platform is transparent and very user friendly;
- Signing up is free;
- Good social media presence and customer support.
Cons of Crowdestor
- Minimum deposit is quite steep at €100;
- Investment security isn’t the best due to the absence of buyback guarantee.
A short Lenndy review
Also located in Latvia, Lenndy started in 2016 as a P2P platform that’s open to both lenders and borrowers. There are currently over 4500 registered investors on it and over 5500 loans have been funded so far.
The company operates out of Latvia but people from all over the world can use it as P2P investors.
Pros of Lenndy
- Lenndy offers attractive returns on investment at 12% to 15%;
- The platform is transparent and easy to use;
- Investments are secure thanks to buyback guarantee which makes sure investors don’t lose any of their investment;
- Auto-invest option which means investors can just sit back while the system invests automatically on their behalf;
- €10 minimum deposit;
- Signing up and using the platform is easy;
- The default rate is zero;
- Different types of loan options are available for investors to diversify their investments.
Cons of Lenndy
- The inconvenience and restriction of funds being accepted only through Payserra accounts;
- No secondary market;
- ID verification can take a long time.
A short Mintos review
Mintos was launched in 2014 in Ritga, Latvia. It has witnessed rapid growth since its inception with investors from around the world. Over €1.5 billion worth of loans has been invested via the platform.
Unlike many P2P platforms, Mintos takes things a step further by giving investors the option of investing in either business loans, mortgages, consumer loans, car loans, or even agriculture loans.
Pros of Mintos
- Mintos’ platform is transparent and easy to use;
- Return on investments are super attractive, ranging between 5.5% and 20%;
- Minimum investment amount is €10 which means anyone can afford to invest;
- Friendly and reliable customer support;
- Buyback guarantee to secure investments of users;
- Lovely customer support;
- Can invest with a variety of currencies;
- Diversified investments;
- Auto-invest function.
Cons of Mintos
Strange as it may seem, there are no significant cons to using Mintos for P2P investing or lending. Except that like most other P2P platforms, transactions are not regulated by government regulations.
A short Neo Finance review
Neo Finance is based in Lithuania and has over 6000 active investors. The investment options of users are not limited to one loan type. For instance, as an investor, you can choose to invest in real estate travel loans, house repair loans, refinancing loans, purchase loans, car loans, consumer loans, and others.
Pros of Neo Finance
- User-friendly platform;
- Transparent transactions;
- Investments are secure with buyback guarantee;
- Minimum deposit of just €10;
- An attractive return rate of about 17%;
- Loans are clearly ranked in terms of risk so that investors have an easy task selecting which they are willing to go for;
- Automatic investments option.
Cons of Neo Finance
- Investors outside the EU cannot use the platform;
- Feature wise, the website isn’t the best it can be;
- The website can also be quite slow;
- The platform does not provide diversified projects to invest in.
A short PeerBerry review
PeerBerry offers mostly short-term loans. This makes it suitable for investors looking to get their returns fast but not for borrowers looking for long-term loans.
The company operates out of Latvia and has been in operation since 2009 offering loans through the Mintos P2P investment platform. It didn’t start the actual Peerberry platform till 2017. In that same 2017, the platform transacted €22million worth of loans proving to sceptics that they meant business.
Pros of PeerBerry
- Easy to use and transparent platform;
- Minimum deposit of just €10;
- Buy-back guarantee;
- Customer support is efficient;
- Auto-invest option.
Cons of PeerBerry
- An unimpressive return rate of 11.5%;
- There is no information provided regarding the risk ratings of borrowers;
- Because the loans are short, secondary markets are not provided.
A short Reinvest24 review
Reinvest24 is a real estate crowdfunding platform that started in 2018. It is ideal for investors who are looking to break into the EU’s real estate market.
Pros of Reinvest24
- Healthy return on investment of about 14.6%;
- Transparent and easy to use platform;
- Monthly cashflow from rental income;
- Informative and updated information about investment projects are provided;
- Option to reinvest profits and diversify your portfolio;
- Low risks thanks to the low volatility of real estate investments;
- Option to sell shares and cash out whenever.
Cons of Reinvest24
- Minimum deposit of €100. While it is still affordable, it is not as competitive as that of many of the other platforms on this list;
- No buyback guarantees;
- Currently only operating in a domestic market;
- The platform is still new so hasn’t had enough time to establish trust.
A short Grupeer review
Grupeer is a relatively new P2P investment platform that operates out of Latvia. Unlike most other platforms, it offers investors the opportunity to combine classic loans such as personal or business loans with real estate investment options.
Pros of Grupeer
- Substantial return on investments – about 14%;
- The platform is easy to use regardless of the type of transaction being performed;
- Buyback guarantee is offered on loans unpaid after 60 days;
- Immediate cash back on investments. This amount can be withdrawn or re-invested;
- Minimum investment of only €10;
- Auto-invest option.
Cons of Grupeer
- The platform is new so hasn’t had time to establish trust;
- No secondary market options.
Take a different angle of Grupeer Review on The Work At Home Man blog.
So which of the above platforms is the best for P2P investments?
If you are looking for best returns on investment, then Neo Finance or Crowdestor will likely be your best option. But if you are looking for quality overall experience as a P2P investor or lender, then Mintos is the most likely to satisfy you.
Why invest in P2P loans?
Instead of letting your money just sit in a bank, P2P investing is a great way to put it to good use and watch it grow fast. This is great for people who are looking to diversify their investments or are looking for passive income that is steady and requires hardly any work.
Other reasons you should consider P2P investments include:
- The returns on bank savings are practically nothing when compared to P2P’s return on investment. Asides from the return on investment, when your money is in the bank, it will be affected by inflation, which means it might be worth less than when you put it in even if the amount is the same.
- By investing through P2P, the actual amount multiplies, thus beating the averages of inflation and even adding valuable profit to your money. This is especially beneficial to individuals with savings that they don’t intend on using in the near future.
- Compared to company bonds or shares, P2P investing is far more reliable. This is because a company’s value can drop without warning thus turning your investment in it into rubbish. Also, the return on investment for company shares or bonds fluctuate and are usually small, between 3% and 7% in most cases. With P2P investing, you can enjoy steady returns of 10% to 36% depending on the P2P platform and the agreed to interest rate.
There’s a reason banks love giving out loans and that reason is how much they earn on them. Instead of letting the banks have all the fun, you can be a lender too and enjoy sweet returns on your investment with the right P2P lending platform.
Diversify your investment and enjoy steady passive income like you never dreamed by getting into P2P investing today. Signing up and transacting is easy, and it can all be done from the comfort of your home or even on the go with an app on your smartphone.
Take one more look at comparison at European P2P investment platforms:
|NEO Finance review|